Watch PLAY Project autism intervention in action
How does the PLAY Project help my child with autism?
If your child has an autism diagnosis, your certified PLAY Project Consultant will provide PLAY Autism Intervention: an evidence-based, high-quality program that helps young children improve their language, development, behavior, social skills, and autism severity.
Your PLAY Project Consultant assesses your child’s developmental and behavioral changes at each visit. The assessment is used to develop the child’s individualized PLAY Plan: a set of techniques and activities designed to help your child reach these outcomes:
- Increased caregiver/parent and child interaction
- Increased social interaction of child with autism
- Improved social-emotional development of child with autism
- Improved autism-related diagnostic category/symptoms including behavioral compliance.
Our certified PLAY Project Consultants are specialists in the fields of child development and autism spectrum disorders who are trained to educate, guide, and support you as you learn to nurture your child’s social and emotional development, but we consider you, as parents and caregivers, to be the expert on your child.
Benefits to Parents
You and your Certified PLAY Project Consultant become partners in your child’s progress. You receive individualized coaching that empowers you to have a closer, more satisfying relationship with your child.
You will learn:
- How to identify your child’s unique strengths and needs.
- How to make every interaction with your child a growing and learning experience.
- How to apply the evidence-based PLAY Project principles, methods, and techniques.
- What “developmentally appropriate” means for your child.
- How to effectively respond to your child’s behavior.
- Ways to support your child’s learning and prepare for kindergarten.
- How to increase the amount of smiles and laughter in the home. The PLAY Project emphasizes fun!
For detailed information about The PLAY Project Home Consultation Program and PLAY Autism Intervention, please visit the FAQ for Parents page.
It is no small doubt in my mind, after my experience, that PLAY Project is a prerequisite for children with autism to receive within the span of their early brain development. This is absolutely vital for parents of children with autism to understand. It is also clear that you are an excellent therapist and friend. We are very lucky to have met you!
—Jared M. Brooks in a letter to his certified PLAY Project Consultant