Presenter: Richard Solomon, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The PLAY Project (read more about “Dr. Rick” here!)
Course Description: Based on The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly chapter of Dr. Solomon’s book, Autism: The Potential Within, this course gives parents practical strategies for solving some of the challenging behavior of children with autism. Participants will learn how to transform negative behaviors into good behaviors by using developmental approaches to solve behavior challenges.
Participants will learn:
- The differences between good, bad, and ugly behaviors
- Parenting dos and don’ts around challenging behavior
- How to set appropriate rules, reasons, and consequences
- How to help your child build mature impulses
Recommended for: Parents and caregivers of children with ASD; early childhood professionals, including therapists, educators, and paraprofessionals.
Course time: Approximately 30 minutes
NOTE: Click on PUBLIC COURSES once you login with your account information for the first time.
Course purchase includes:
– 2 weeks of unlimited access
– Downloadable FULL “The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly” chapter from Dr. Solomon’s book,
Autism: The Potential Within
– Additional downloadable resources and handouts for parents and professionals
This online course is currently only available for Desktop/Laptop computers. We are working on making this course available for iPad / Tablets.
For any technical difficulties in accessing or viewing the course, please email email@example.com