Presenter: Richard Solomon, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The PLAY Project (read more about “Dr. Rick” here!)
Course Description: Based on the Transition Tricks chapter from Dr. Solomon’s book, Autism: The Potential Within, this course will help guide parents through useful principles, strategies, and techniques to move their child with autism through the transitions of everyday life. Not only will these tips help your child move through transitions more smoothly, they will also increase engagement with your child and improve their functional development.
Participants will learn:
Practical ways to better manage transitions with your child on the spectrum that will:
- Develop the child’s INTERNAL control systems
- Help them truly make sense of the world and their feelings
- Help them feel less anxious and more secure
- Increase social interaction
Recommended for: Parents and caregivers of children with ASD; early childhood professionals, including therapists, educators, and paraprofessionals.
Course time: Approximately 30 minutes
NOTE: Click on PUBLIC COURSES once you login with your account information for the first time.
Course purchase includes:
– 2 weeks of unlimited access
– Downloadable FULL Transition Tricks Chapter from Dr. Solomon’s book, Autism: The Potential Within
– Additional downloadable resources and handouts for parents and professionals
This online course is currently only available for Desktop/Laptop computers. We are working on making this course available for iPad / Tablets.
For any technical difficulties in accessing or viewing the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org